The building of the new European distribution centre for Carglass in Bilzen is progressing with huge strides.
The first façade panels were installed this week!
On 31 May 2017, the first symbolic pile was driven into the ground and the construction of the ultramodern distribution centre got under way. The building with ca. 42,000 m² storage space is starting to take real shape. Some 1,650 façade panels are to be mounted on the distribution centre for Carglass. When the first area of the distribution centre has been fully fitted with façade panels, the first flooring can get started.
Here are some interesting facts about this impressive building:
- 7.980 floor piles are needed to support the floating floor
- There are 329 columns in the warehouse
- 28 docks and 9 ground floor gates give access to the warehouse
- 693,44 tonnes of steel have been used in this distribution centre
- 1.752 insulation panels have been used
- 18.675 tonnes (= 7.470 m³) floor concrete